***call closed***We will get back to you soon. For questions, please check our FAQ.
Have you ever dreamt about moving abroad and living in a new community, with a different culture? Have you ever had the desire to work in a fun, outgoing, creative and multinational team with lots of experience in the field of international youth work? Perhaps you’ve been searching for the opportunity to run the social media accounts of an NGO so that you can develop your skills as a social media manager? If any of the above is true for you, then we might have the perfect opportunity for you!
Location: NaturKultur Bremen e.V., Bremen, Germany
Dates: 01.05.2023 – 30.4.2024
Hosting Organisation: NaturKultur Bremen e.V.
Your hosting organization
We are a youth organisation that is focused on international youth work. In 2023 we will organize 15 projects (Youth Exchanges and training courses), and we are sending young people on many international projects abroad. Above that we are provider of the On-Arrival and Midterm-Seminars for volunteers in Germany, we host 7-8 of these trainings per year. We are also the coordinating organization for volunteering opportunities – that means that we are organising voluntary services in Bremen and also send German youngsters abroad. Our office is located in Bremen, but we organize our projects in our KulturHaus in Garlstedt, which is close to Osterholz-Scharmbeck and 30 min by car from Bremen.
Our local and international projects aim to encourage and support young people through non-formal learning opportunities, especially focusing on the topics of interculturalism, tolerance, diversity and understanding among the different cultures in Europe. We are also organizing local events in Bremen and extending our network in the area by cooperating with other organizations and institutions.
So, who’s on our team? You can find out here!
And what have we been up to in the past 10 years? That’s what you can read here.
Social Media is more interesting? Here’s our Instagram and YouTube Channel !
Your tasks as a volunteer
You are expected to dedicate 30 hours per week to the following tasks:
- Making interesting posts, blogs and photos about the projects that NaturKultur organizes and in order to show the world how meaningful and fun our projects are
- Writing new articles, stories and news on the NaturKultur website (naturkultur.eu), compiling a Newsletter that we send to our subscribers, managing our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/naturkulturgermany) and Instagram account (@naturkultur_e.v.)
- Managing the “Volunteers of Bremen”(@volunteersofbremen) Instagram account
- Making a plan how our organisation can become even more visible in Bremen
- Creating a data base of different kind of media (newspapers, radio stations, blogs etc.) in our city and establishing and developing cooperation with them, getting in touch with the journalists and so on.
- Supporting the planning of smaller workshops on social media skills for other volunteers.
- Planning and running online campaigns on social issues with your own focus.
- Helping out with website maintenance, creating materials for publicity, etc.
- Working together with other volunteers, especially with our volunteer for content creation.
- Initiating own project ideas and activities according to your interests
Sounds like a lot? Don’t worry! We are not expecting professionals or young people with a degree – it is more important that you are creative, curious and willing to learn!
To get a better idea of what this position entails, you can read Efim’s first report about his voluntary service with us.
What we offer:
- Developing yourself and your skills– If you have basic skills and passion for photography and filming, we will help you learn and develop them even more. You can learn new skills, but also have a platform where you can realize your ideas such as making vlogs, different kind of graphics, making short videos or photos, using drones, GoPros and other equipment
- Opportunity to pursue your passion and ideas -we want you to implement all your ideas and passions into our work. If it is a new project, new video, a new idea for blog or a platform – try something new – get out of your comfort zone because this is how you learn the most.
- Flexible working hours and working environment– We work 3 days together in the office per week, otherwise remotely. Our team does not only live in Bremen but also in other parts of Germany or abroad. This is why we have a very special working culture, being very different from many other organisations and we are looking for someone who likes to work independently. This is a project where self-initiative and implementation of own ideas is encouraged and developed and we will help you to learn everything you need, to become even more independent throughout the project.
- An opportunity to change the world– as we are change makers, we influence our societies to respect the human rights, we protect our environment and we provide opportunities for young people who don’t have so many. You will be part of this story and contribute to bringing positive change to the world.
- All the equipment that you will need– professional camera and lenses, GoPro and microphones, lights, software, hard drives, drone will be provided for your work. If you have your own laptop, please bring it – otherwise, we can also find a way to organise one for you in Bremen.
You will be accommodated in a house just for ESC volunteers in Bremen, where you will have your own room.
Bremen is a city in North-West Germany (around 500.000 inhabitants), close to Hamburg, the border with
Netherlands and the North Sea coast. Bremen is a vibrant, multi-cultural city with a lot of young people and where you can find a historical centre, modern and cultural areas, in a small area.
As an ESC volunteer, you will receive health insurance, 150€ monthly pocket money, 242,32€ for living expenses. Travel costs will be reimbursed depending on the travel distance (normally between 180€-275€).
You will be supported by a Coordinator, an internal Mentor to help you get settled in your work place, and an external mentor to you get to know the city of Bremen. You will also receive German language lessons (once per week) together with all volunteers and have access to OLS, the online language learning platform.
But – how is it to volunteer in Bremen?
You can check out our Instagram Account @volunteersofbremen
And if you’d rather watch a video – here you can check out some stories from our volunteers.
Or find out more about Maria, who was volunteering in a school in Bremen.
You can apply, if you…
- … are from an EU country (not Germany) or partner country
- … are between 18-30 years old (on the day you start your ESC)
- … are interested in different forms of (social) media and creative work
- … have a basic level of understanding, speaking and writing in German, or an interest to learn the language
- … have a good level of understanding, speaking and writing in English
- … have a high level of motivation, desire for self-development and readiness to work with different age groups
- … are an open minded person, motivated to work in a team and with people from different religious, cultural and social backgrounds
- … are pro-active, showing initiative and are able to work independently
Any questions? Please check our FAQ or contact Lina at [email protected]
If you would like to apply simply fill out the form below AND we will ask you, if you are selected for the second round, to provide us with your creative work answering the question “What could you contribute to our ESC project?”. It can be a collage, a video or whatever comes to your mind. We do not need your CV or anything else.