Our Team is looking for a new member for a combined full-time job, located in Bremen, Germany. You would be in charge of the European Solidarity Corps volunteers that we host in Bremen, as well as the sending of young people on Erasmus+ projects abroad and in Germany.
Starting Dates: August 2021 for min. 2 years
Location: Bremen, Germany
To find out more about our organisation, the team, principles and values, as well as our past activities, please inform yourself on our Webpage and other channels.
Coordinator for European Solidarity Corps – Hosting
As the ESC Hosting Coordinator, you would work around 30 h / week on the following tasks:
- Publishing calls for volunteers, pre-selecting volunteers together with our hosting organisations, preparing them together with the supporting organisations abroad
- Organising Orientation Days and taking care of administrative tasks for volunteers in Bremen
- Searching and coordinating external mentors in Bremen, building up a group of mentors
- Mentoring and Coordination Meetings during the activities in groups / individually, building up structures and programmes
- Structuring the YouthPass writing with the volunteers (Workshops, individual meetings)
- Mediating conflicts with the hosting organisation / in the volunteer houses
- Communication with house owners and technicians in case of problems
- Attending the ESC Network Meetings, other local networking opportunities, and local events
- Liaising with the local media for the visibility of the projects
- Being the main responsible for the NaturKultur Office in Bremen Neustadt (coordinating technicians, cleaning schedules, Wi-Fi, heating, keys)
- Managing the inventory in the 3 houses, damage deposits of the volunteers
- Main responsible for one ESC volunteer in our team (local networks volunteer)
Additionally, and depending on your skills and interests and the topics of our projects, you will be a facilitator on a few of our youth exchanges per year.
You will be working closely with our second ESC Coordinator, who is the main responsible for the administration of all projects, as well as the ESC Sending.
Erasmus + Youth Sending Coordinator
As our Erasmus+ Youth Sending Coordinator, you will be in charge of sending groups of German young people and youth workers on youth exchanges, trainings and study visits abroad and to our own projects. The tasks are therefore as follows, for around 10h / week:
- To look for interesting projects from interesting countries prior to deadlines, decide on which projects we should be partners (together with the NaturKultur project coordinator)
- To publish project calls on the website + social media with the help of our current volunteers
- Open applications and select participants
- Coordinate invoicing of participation fees, confirmations of participation, flight booking if necessary
- Support participants in the reimbursement and documentation process with the hosting organisation
- Host Preparation Meetings online with the Group Leader, and with the entire German group
- Host Evaluation Meetings online with the Group Leader, and with the entire German group, supporting their dissemination events and plans
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants (m/f/d), who meet the following criteria:
- Highly organised and responsible personality
- Approachable person, friendly and good at networking
- Bachelor or comparable education level in social work, education, pedagogy or a similar field
- Prior experience min. as participant or group leader on a Youth Exchange and/or Training Course/Study Visit
- Prior experience as EVS/ESC volunteer and/or Erasmus semester abroad, or previous experience in local volunteering and living abroad
- Very good knowledge of English and German (written and spoken)
- Team player personality, also independent worker
- Knowledge of the ESC program rules // willingness to learn the structures and rules
- Passionate about youth work and creative in organizing workshops and mentoring activities
- Lives in Bremen / would move to Bremen
The two positions will be combined into one job of 40 h / week. The job will be a full-time employment, which includes health and social insurance and holidays. Further details, salary and conditions of the job will be discussed in the process.
If you are interested in the position, please get in touch with our current ESC Coordinator Irma Franz, [email protected]