Is there a better way to learn about nature than through being in nature? On this exchange, you will go camping together with an international group and learn about environmental protection!
Location: Camping Site “Juliusplate” in Berne, Germany
“Earth, our beautiful Planet” is going to be a camping youth exchange organized in Berne, Bremen in Germany which will include 49 young people and group leaders from 6 different countries: Germany, Croatia, North Macedonia, Luxembourg, Czech Republic, and Georgia.
The idea for this project came on the last day of the camping youth exchange that we organized in summer 2019. We were working on creating projects on which we would like to participate in the future and our group was very passionate about the topic of environment protection. We believe that this is the time when we need to make the change and educate our peers about importance of environmental protection and taking care of the nature when we visit it. That is how the idea for our project was born!
Our project will therefore focus on:
- Raising awareness about the importance of environmental protection, while spending the time in the nature.
- Promoting healthy lifestyle and importance of outdoor activities such as camping.
- Develop local actions that participants will do in their local communities and encourage them to become youth activists and change makers in their society.
- Create a safe place where youth can share their experience and opinions
Accommodation and Logistics
We will be accommodated in the campsite Juliusplate in Berne, near Bremen. Participants will be sleeping in shared tent with one more person of the same gender and the same nationality (in the tents for 3 people). There are showers and toilets in the camping site and we will have two big tents, one that will be used as a kitchen and the second one that we can use for workshops in case of bad weather.
You can find more information and photos about the camp here:
All costs for accommodation and food are covered by the Erasmus+ programme. Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 180€ for participants from Germany, and part of the travel budget can be used also to cover mandatory PCR Tests.
We charge a 40€ participation fee.
You can apply below if…
- … you are between 18 – 30 years old
- … you are living in Germany
- … are interested in topics of environmental protection, healthy lifestyle, and outdoor activities including camping
- …are willing to be part of a multi-cultural group and try your best when speaking English
Please note that only residents of Germany can apply through the form below. Others have to contact the partner organisations in their respective countries:
Croatia: Ocean Znanja
Luxembourg: Jugendtreff Kayl/Tetange
Georgia: DRONI Youth Association
North Macedonia: Scouts
Czech Republic: European Youth Centre Breclav
If you have any questions, please contact Irma: [email protected]