Are you taking care of your health? On this youth exchange, you will explore how to improve your physical and emotional wellbeing – together with an international group in Croatia!
Dates: 27th July – 5th August 2021
Location: Omanovac, Croatia
Hosting organisation: Ocean Znanja
About the Project
On this project we want you to explore your emotional, spiritual and physical needs. That means, the project will focus on:
- Raising awareness among youngsters about their well being and different aspects of it – mental health, physical health and emotional health.
- Give tools how to handle ones well being, how to react and help yourself in hard situations.
- To improve the ability to work in a team and express your opinion
- To meet peers from other countries and learn while having fun
- Motivate the youngsters to share the results in their local communities, schools, youth centers, with friends etc.
- Give the chance to youngsters to try new things and make international friendships
Accommodation and Food
The venue will be a mountain home hostel type called “Omanovac” that is on a hill next to the towns Lipik and Pakrac. It is in the middle of the park of nature, surrounded by trees. The accommodation will be comfortable and simple. We will be the only group in the house. It was important for us not to be bothered with other groups, timetables and rules, so that is why we decided to come here, where we would be alone. We will learn, share our culture and ideas and have fun together. We’ll make the rules together and respect the rules that we make.
Food: We will have options for vegetarians, vegans, no pork and so on. Please note that we cannot provide HALAL or fruitarian food.
All Costs for food, accommodation and the programme are covered by Erasmus+. Travel costs are reimbursed up to 275€. We charge a participation fee of 40€.
Before deciding to apply and attend the project, please be aware of the following Covid-19 restrictions.
- You are required to make sure you have your European Health Card with you. If the backside of your health card is blue with the EU symbol on it, it is normally valid in all EU countries.
- You need to book your own travel insurance at your own costs (i.e. through the Airline, ADAC, HanseMerkur etc.). Please note that, in case the German government will still have a travel warning in place during the time of the exchange, travel insurances will most likely not cover your costs for i.e. a quarantine in Croatia in case you get sick during the project. Please check if you would be able to pay for a prolonged stay in Croatia, in case you would get sick.
- Before your departure, you might be obliged to take a Covid-19 test (PCR, Antigen etc.). This test will be reimbursed by the organisers. You may also be required to take another test at your own costs before your return to Germany, and spend 5-10 days in quarantine. This depends on the regulations at the time. You can check the current rules on the webpages of the Ministry of Health of your city/region, or also on the Webpage of the Foreign Ministry of Germany.
For more Information…
Check out the Ocean of Health Infopack !
You can apply below, if…
- You are between 16 – 19 years old
- You are living in Germany
- You are motivated to learn new things, are interested in health, wellbeing and other cultures
- You are interested in a new innovative way of learning and non-formal education
- Are motivated to give your best when speaking English – you do not need any knowledge of English!