If you are interested in the topics of culture, intercultural dialogue, inclusion and photography, then you should definitely apply to this online youth exchange!
Dates: 21st June 2021 – 2nd July 2021
Location: Online – ZOOM
”A Thousand Words” is going to be an online youth exchange which will include more than 40 young people and group leaders from 6 different countries: Ukraine, Spain, Lithuania, Lebanon, Belarus and Germany.
The main idea behind this project is to show how photography and videos can be used for learning about other cultures and how we can break some of the stereotypes that we have through this type of art.
Therefore, the objectives of the project are:
- Creating a space for sharing ideas, views and opinions with young people from different cultures.
- Learning about cultural diversity and different approaches for evaluating culture through photography and video making.
- Encouraging and practicing intercultural dialogue and understanding of intercultural relations.
- Uniting young people through research and learning about diversity and similarities.
How is the online youth exchange going to look like?
- Sessions Monday-Friday during the two weeks (21.06.-02.07.2021)
- 3 hours sessions including a 15 minute break
- Focus on learning by doing, non-formal methods, group work and work outside Zoom
- Sessions will take place in the afternoon, 4pm – 7pm CET
- Online photo exhibition – main event of the exchange
- On some days – cultural presentations of each country
The youth exchange will take place on ZOOM, and the entire program is for free!
Our project is financed by Erasmus+ and Jugend für Europa.
If you want to read more about the project, take a look at the Infopack
Are you a resident of Germany? Then you can apply below, if:
- You are between 16-30 years old (group leaders 18+)
- You are interested in topics of culture, intercultural dialogue, inclusion and photography
- You are willing to actively participate in all sessions
- You are motivated to give your best when speaking English – don’t worry, none of us are native speakers!
- Previous experience in Erasmus+ is not required, but you should show initiative for learning new things and working with other young people
If you have any questions, please contact Irma: [email protected]