*** Call closed***
If you’d like to try out an ESC project, but not sure if you can commit to a 12-month project – this opportunity in Omanovac could be for you! Working together with volunteers from all over Europe, you’ll be planning a three-day event for the local community whilst having lots of fun and learning about Croatian culture.
Dates: 10th August 2021 – 1st September 2021
Location: Omanovac, Croatia
Hosting organisation: Ocean Znanja
We are looking for: volunteers age 18 – 30 living in Germany
About the hosting organisation
Ocean Znaja is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation which acts as a platform to help young people achieve their full potential, to learn and grow, develop professional and personal skills and be participate in the society they would like to live in.
Your tasks as a volunteer include:
- Develop your talents and organise a three-day summer festival in Omanovac
- Bond with the locals, learn about their lifestyle and live with 12 volunteers from different countries
- Learn how Croatians live and how to help the local community through civic engagement.
- To create a workshop in one of the following categories: sport and wellbeing, education, or art and culture.
- Organise content for the summer festival, promote the project and implement activities.
About the background of the project
The goal of this project is to allow participants to follow their own interests and create activities for the local community, whilst promoting inclusiveness and bonding with the local community through acts of solidarity.
The European Solidarity Corps finances this project and wants to bring people from different backgrounds together to form a society based on mutual acceptance, solidarity and cohesion.
Accommodation, logistics, finances
You will be staying in a rustic-style mountain hostel in Omanovac, sharing a room with 3-4 other participants (same-gender and mixed nationalities). Bed linen and pillowcases are included. There are 4 bathrooms with 4 showers and 6 toilets. There is also a seminar room, large dining room and kitchen with all the basic appliances.
Accommodation is fully covered by the project. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided by the venue. During the free days you will receive 40€ to cover food (7€ per free day).
You will get 115€ for 23 days (21 activity days + 2 travel days) based on the European Solidarity Corps Guide (5€ per day).
You travel costs are covered up to 250€ for participants from your hometown in Germany to Zagreb. 25€ of travel costs is reduced from each participant because the hosting organisation will organise transport from Zagreb to the venue.
As we want to lower the carbon footprint of our projects as much as possible, we encourage you to travel without using planes – we are happy to support you finding a route that uses trains and busses whenever possible.
You will be entitled to free health insurance with the CIGNA program in addition to your European Health Insurance Card. If you are not too old, you are also entitled to continue receiving Kindergeld (German state support money for children).
Your participation in the ESC programme is free.
Who are we looking for?
You can apply if the following criteria applies to you:
- You are between 18 and 30 years old
- You are a resident of Germany
- You have an interest in physical work, learning, and gaining new experiences and skills
- You are motivated to contribute and help the local community with your own ideas
- You are confident that you can live in a smaller community in a foreign country with basic living conditions
- You like to work in a team
- You are easy to communicate with, flexible and responsible
For more information read the project Infopack here.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Irma: [email protected]
To apply, simply fill out the form below. The more information you give, the easier it will be for us to learn more about you. After that, you might be invited for an online call together with the hosting organisation, so you can get to know each other.
Application Deadline: 01.05.2021
Error: Contact form not found.