Do you want to find out more about European Union – its values, culture and politics? Would you like to become more politically active and leave a positive impact on the society? If yes – this is a perfect opportunity for you!
Important note: If you do not receive a confirmation email that your application has been received within two business days, please contact us by email.
Location: Osterholz-Scharmbeck, Lower Saxony, Germany
Youth exchange “EU CITIZENS OF TOMORROW” is going to be a youth exchange organized in Garlstedt in Germany which will include 45 young people and group leaders from 6 different European Countries: Spain, Czech Republic, Germany, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Ukraine.
This project represents the 6th edition of projects implemented by NaturKultur with the EU and Youth in its focus. Previous five projects have been recognized as successful stories by the participants themselves, partner organisations and all other stakeholders involved. *During this youth exchange, participants will go for a study visit to Brussels where the plan is to visit European Commission and European Parliament.
The goals of the project are:
- Increasing awareness of young Europeans about the concepts of the European culture, European values and European citizenship
- Strengthening of political participation of young people, fostering cooperation between youngsters and politicians;
- Inspiring young people to get involved in the politics at all levels: local, regional, state and the European. Breaking prejudices towards politics and politicians.
All costs for accommodation and food are covered by the Erasmus + programs. Travel costs will be reimbursed up to € 100 for participants from Germany. For this youth exchange we charge a participation fee of € 25 (the amount will be reduced from the travel reimbursement after the exchange.).
If you want to read more details about the project, make sure to check out the Infopack.
We will be accommodated in a youth center/group house in Osterholz- Scharmbeck, close to the city of Bremen, Germany.
The accommodation will be simple. Participants will be sharing rooms with 3-4 people from different nationalities. We strive to accommodate the diverse needs of our guests when assigning rooms, taking into consideration individual preferences and requirements, including those related to gender identity and expression. Some of the rooms are with private and some with shared bathrooms.
We are the only group in the house. Two of our NaturKultur team members will take care of the food and logistics.
You can find more information and photos of the venue here.
You can apply below if:
- You are a resident of Germany
- You are 18-30 years old
- You are interested in topics of EU citizenship, values and culture, as well as political activism and participation
- You are willing to be a part of a multi cultural group
- Are motivated to give your best when speaking English, you do not have to be fluent!
The project is hosted by us, NaturKultur e.V. Please note that only residents of Germany can apply through the form below.