***call closed*** What is the only thing better than exploring how to be a better youth worker, how to create safe environment for youth and support their reflection processes? The answer could definitely be: “Doing all that and more while being surrounded by beautiful beaches and feeling sun on your skin.” If you agree with that, we strongly encourage you to apply for this training course!
Location: Willemstad, Curaçao
Dates: 21.11. – 28.11.2021
“Mindset of Youth Workers in Supporting Learning through Youth Mobilities” is a Training Course for youth workers who participate or want to participate in youth mobilities. The main goal of it is to reflect on the mindset of youth workers. That means you will have an opportunity to exchange and discuss examples of good practices. You will also be encouraged to search for innovative ways to overcome challenges of youth work.
Objectives of the project:
- Debating what supports learning in mobilities and how can the youth worker’s mindset affect that.
- Finding strategies to empower and enable competence development of young people in their everyday life.
- Developing skills, important for international youth work.
All costs for accommodation and food are covered by the Erasmus+ programme. Travel costs will be reimbursed for participants from Germany. We charge a 40€ participation fee!
If you want to read more details about the project and check the daily program of the training course, make sure to check out the Infopack.
Before deciding to apply and attend the project, please be aware of the following Covid-19 restrictions.
- You will fly from Amsterdam. In order to do so, you will need to have a negative antigen test (rapid test) not older than 24 hours or negative PCR test not older than 48 hours before departure to Curaçao. You can also get tested on the airport in Amsterdam.
- You will need to take an AG test on the third day after your arrival to Curaçao. It costs 30€.
- You will also need an AG test not older than 24 hours in order to depart from Curaçao.
- There are no exceptions for vaccinated participants.
- Check the Covid Regulations Infopack to get more information on travelling and testing in Curaçao and Amsterdam.
- You also need to book your own travel insurance at your own costs (i.e. through the Airline, ADAC, HanseMerkur etc.). Please note that, in case the German government will still have a travel warning in place during the time of the exchange, most travel insurances will not cover your costs for i.e. a quarantine in in case you get sick during the project. Please check if you would be able to pay for a prolonged stay in Curaçao, in case you would get sick.
- Keep in mind that rules for German travellers can change during your stay in Curaçao. You can check the current rules on the webpages of the Ministry of Health of your city/region, or also on the Webpage of the Foreign Ministry of Germany.
The project is hosted by Stichting F.E.L.I.S. Curaçao Organisation. Please note that only residents of Germany can apply through the form below. Others have to contact the partner organizations in their respective countries.
You can apply below if:
- You are a resident of Germany
- You are 18 years old or older
- You are active in the field of education and training (volunteers in the field of education/youth work, facilitators and trainers, social workers..)
- You have experience in the field of NGO and youth work
- You are ready to show responsibility and commitment to all the activities of the project
- You have passion and motivation to learn, share and enjoy
- Your level of English is enough to communicate and share your opinions
Any questions? Get in touch with Lina : [email protected]