Have you ever dreamt about working in a garden and organising sustainability projects? Or have you ever had the desire to work in a fun, outgoing, creative and multinational team with lots of experience in the field of international youth work? If any of the above is true for you, then we might have the perfect opportunity for you!
- Dates: Ideally from September 2022 – April 2023 (starting/ending dates can be adapted/extended)
- Location: Bremen, Germany
- Hosting Organisation: NaturKultur Bremen e.V. and KulturHaus
We are looking for one motivated volunteer from an EU country to join our team! If you are a person who is passionate about nature, gardening and DIY approach to life – you do not need to have previous experience, just need to be open and motivated to try and learn new things!
Your project: KulturHaus & Sustainability Volunteer
The main goal – to help us turn our youth house garden into a green paradise and make our maintenance of the house more sustainable!
- Helping to maintain the garden and house especially in spring and summer – KulturHaus is our beautiful youth house, which is located ca. 30 min by bus from your volunteer house in the middle of a forest. This means for example: taking care of the plants, watering them, weeding out the flower beds, planting new plants.
- Focus on development of your own ideas in the garden and around the house – previous volunteer projects were i.e. a compost, bird houses, raised bed gardens etc., as well as workshops on sustainability and DIY projects.
- Helping us develop a strategy for a more sustainable use of the house – i.e. helping with different projects/initiatives inside and outside the house, establishing connections with neighbors and local farms, …
- Working together with the team members in all areas of NaturKultur e.V. and especially with our other three volunteers in Social Media, Content Creation and Local Community Connections.
- Organizing small local projects for the community of Bremen together with the other 14 ESC volunteers in Bremen.
To get a better idea of what this position entails, you can read previous volunteers reports:
To give you an impression of possible tasks and projects, you can check:
- Sustainability map: https://www.naturkultur.eu/en/sustainable-map-of-bremen/
- Recycling day video: https://fb.watch/dFAvnHL6-k/
- Raised bed DIY video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A3AG4YvBEg
- DIY cleaning supplies: https://fb.watch/dFAqtotpu6/
Important to know: We work 3 days together in the office per week, otherwise remotely. Our team does not only live in Bremen but also in other parts of Germany or abroad. This is why we have a very special working culture, being very different from many other organisations. This is why we are looking for someone who likes to work independently.
This is a project where self-initiative and implementation of own ideas is encouraged and developed and we will help you to learn everything you need, to become even more independent throughout the project.
You can apply, if you…
- … are a resident of an EU Country (not Germany) and do not need a visa/residence permit
- … are between 18-30 years old (on the day you start your ESC)
- … can communicate in English (A2-B1) OR German (A2) and are willing to improve your language skills in German and English. Our NaturKultur team in Bremen speaks English, German, Macedonian, and Slovenian.
- … are interested in gardening, hands-on work, and love both team work and doing your own thing
- … love to be creative and are passionate about making a positive change in society
- … have patience and care about helping other people grow
- … are an open-minded person, motivated to work in a team and with people from different religious, cultural and social backgrounds
The European Solidarity Corps is financing the voluntary service. The mission of the ESC is to bring people from different backgrounds together to form a society based on mutual acceptance, solidarity and cohesion.
Sounds like your dream project? Apply below!
Application Deadline: We are accepting applications on a rolling basis
Please note that you can only apply if you live in an EU country and do not need a visa.