If a Do-it-yourself-approach and an interest in environmental protection is who you are, this youth exchange is for you! Together with young people from 7 European countries, you will explore how to raise awareness for environmental protection using a variety of arts!
Dates: We had to move the dates and will update the page!
Location: Garlstedt, a small village close to Bremen
“Art4Youth” is going to be a youth exchange organized in Garlstedt in Germany which will include 35 young people and 8 group leaders from 7 different countries: Spain, Croatia, Lithuania, Greece, Romania, Italy and Germany.
The youth exchange will focus on the topics of environmental protection and finding the ways how to reduce pollution in our everyday life. To explore this topic, we will use Art as a powerful tool for youth to become active and make a change in our communities and inspire others to become active as well.
The Goals of our project are therefore:
- To show how art can be used for youth activism and in the discussion around important topics focussing on environmental protection
- To give tools to youth from 7 different countries, empowering you to be active change makers in your local community
- To share with 43 young people and group leaders how recycling and upcycling can help us produce less garbage and use our resources in a better way
- To create a safe space where you can explore your creativity and try different forms of art while sharing your culture and values with other young people
The project will take place in our youth center/group house in Garlstedt (Osterholz- Scharmbeck), close to the city of Bremen, Germany. The accommodation will be simple. Participants will be sharing rooms with 3-4 people from same gender but with different nationalities. Some of the rooms are with private and some with shared bathrooms.
All costs for food and accommodation are covered by the Erasmus+ programme. Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 180€. We charge a 45€ participation fee.
You are responsible to buy your own travel tickets according to the rules stipulated by the hosting organization of the project. Your costs will be reimbursed after the end of the project if you provide all original receipts and boarding passes. This process may take 1 month. If you are experiencing a time of financial hardship and cannot afford to pay your travel costs in advance, contact us and we can find a solution together.
Curious? Read the Infopack for more information here.
You can apply below if…
- You are a resident of Germany
- You are between 18-30 years old on the first day of the project
- You are motivated to actively engage in the preparation of the German team, all activities in the project and organise a small workshop with your friends/classmates/family after the project
Previous experience in art is not required but you should be open to learning new art methods and working with other young people in an international team.
Please note that only residents of Germany can apply through the form below. Others have to contact the partner organisations in their respective countries.
If you have any questions, please contact Irma: [email protected]