Volunteers Centre Skopje is a non-governmental youth organization created in 2005 by former EVS volunteers. The main goal of the organization is to give non-formal educational possibilities to the young people, in different fields, in local and international level; to promote the idea of volunteerism and to connect young people without reference to their nationality, religion, political,economical or social status.
VOICES, DAILY CENTERS FOR CHILDREN FROM THE STREETS, PROMOTING VOLUNTEERISM and PERSONAL PROJECT are the key words of this EVS project.
- Being part of VOICES magazine includes making research on the topics, writing articles, making interviews, coordinating translations, making design of the magazine, taking part in promotion activities
- Activities focused on raising awareness among young people in Skopje and Macedonia about Youth in Action Programme in general and EVS program particularly.
- Workshops with children in daily center for children from the street
- Developing your own ideas in concrete activities
- Support intercultural learning and motivate young people in Skopje to discover more about your culture
ROLE OF THE VOLUNTEER
- To research informative needs and actualities of young people in
- To be in charge on main ongoing events which are happening in the youth area and non-formal education field and to make reports about these
- To inform about different European mobility and educational
- To assist in designing of the papers, taking pictures and preparing illustrations for their
- To cooperate with the local community and participate in their projects, communicate with other organizations, searching for the new local volunteers and take part in host organization
- To be responsible to release the magazine once per month in Albanian, Macedonian and English language and coordinate the translations of
- To assist in delivering the papers in the universities, cafes, libraries and
- In cooperation with staff workers to develop and write internet blog version of VOICES.
- To prepare news articles concerning the project and other activities of the volunteers for the websites of hosting and sending
- Upon their interests and knowledge volunteers can work with children and youngsters with fewer opportunities (street children, career centers, children without parental care, children and youngsters from ethnical groups facing discrimination and social exclusion and youngsters from rural and border areas) and plan and organize workshops that aim to develop artistic and creative skills or foreign language
You will have your own room in one of the NGOs flats in «Kisela Voda», really close to the office. In the first one there are 3 rooms, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen with living room and 1 balcony. In other one, there are 4 rooms, 1 living room, 1 bathroom and 1 balcony. It’s close to markets «Vero and Maxi D» and lots of commodities. Flats are located 15 min from city center by walk.
CURRENCY: In Macedonia we use Macedonian denars (MKD).The current exchange rate : 1 EUR = 61.5 MKD. You can exchange euros and denars without any problems here. Most of the biggest shops and restaurants accept also credit cards, but take care about fees of your bank.
LANGUAGE: During your EVS time you will have an opportunity to take part in classes of Macedonian language so you can feel free and more comfortable in daily life situations.
MENTOR: Your mentor will help to arrange practical things and stay in Skopje. During the first days he/she will take you around the city and show the most interesting places. During the whole project the mentor will help you with practical arrangements and other issues. You will have regular meetings with your mentor and share with him/her your expectations and your possible issues or problems.
You can find all the information in our Infopack
Apply bellow! (Deadline 15th of September 2018)