Are you interested in arts, a creative person or even a young artist? Do you want to boost your creativity and explore in which ways you can implement it in your local community? It doesn’t matter which creative area you belong to, you can become part of this project and the international community that we create.
Dates: 7.12.-11.12.2022 (Travel days: 7. and 11. from 12/13 o‘clock)
Location: Toledo, Spain
The project’s „Open Fields“ aim is to provide an opportunity for young people in different fields of arts to discover creative industries through professional inputs, visiting local artist organisations and learning from each other’s ideas and experiences. We want to facilitate a space to learn about how to increase your art’s visibility in both, your community and on an international level.
Join our Project and the creation of a local and international network of young artists. The project consists of three parts (Italy/Spain/Germany) and one part has already taken place in Torino in August 2022. Because not all participants were participating to the follow-up event, because of overlaps in their schedules we are inviting new people to join this already established group of creative people and young artists.
The projects goals are:
- Making young artists and young creators visible in their communities and on international level
- Strengthening international cooperation between young artists
- Learning from already existing examples by connecting young people with seniors creators
- Learning about how to become professionals out of creative skills: going into further training; finding creative jobs; looking for clients if they want to become freelances; use of digital tools to help promoting creative work etc..
- Exploring together how arts can foster a positive changes in our lives and of our communities.
“Open Fields” consists of the following actions and meetings:
- Italy, Torino – Creativity and entrepreneurship – already took place on 4-8th of August, 2022
- Spain, Toledo – Creativity and community awareness 7-11th December 2022
- Germany, Garlstedt – Digitisation and marketing, 13.-17.02.2023.
If you apply, it is important that you should also be available for the third part of the exchange that will take place in Germany.
The program in Toledo will consist of the following activities:
7th of December: As many of us already know each other we will reconnect and rediscover each other after this 4
months apart! We will also welcome the new participants.
8th of December: We will have two workshops around the topic of arts in a social, political and cultural context and the own community locating yourself with your creativity and art in your local environment.
9th of December: We are going to Toledo city to discover some more about history of the city and we will have an Open Space in an organization who has given us their space to create, paint and sing.
10th of December: Our participants will hold different workshops related to their knowledge to display in a big
event that Project Kieu hosts annualy and this year is in the city we will be in!
11th of December: there is going to be a joint evaluation and closing of this part of the project.
During this project there is a lot of space for participants to express in their discipline and learn from other participants and facilitators. There will be room to prepare the events in Toledo before and during the actual project. We truly want to facilitate a space where young people can experiment with their creativity, learn from each other, get the possibility to implement their ideas, where participants can get active and as well facilitate co-creations collaborations between participants and all other involved parties.
Furthermore, works on creating an international artist community where we support each other and help each other grow by designing a map that connects young creators (in all possible disciplines) including mapping creativity industries, artisans, and professional creators in the three communities involved (Spain/Italy/Germany).
To find out more about the programme, please check our info pack
All costs for accommodation and food are covered by the Erasmus+ programme. Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275€ for participants from Germany. We charge a participation fee of 50€.
At the moment it is possible for everybody to enter Spain without a Covid-19 test or proof of vaccination.
You can apply below if:
- You are a resident of Germany;
- You are between 18 and 30 years old;
- You are interested in any creative area: from poetry to tattooing, from graffiti to music, from performing arts to all kinds of crafts, plastic arts, graphic design, circus, digital creation, communicative and even social creation, etc….
- You have the desire to share your skills and knowledge, and, if necessary, make them their main source of income, business or entrepreneurship.
- You are ready to show responsibility and commitment to all the activities of the project;
- You have passion and motivation to learn, share and enjoy;
- Your level of English is enough to communicate and share your opinions;
Please note that only residents of Germany can apply through the form below.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah: [email protected]